Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A small town girl with a Nikon camera

Studying journalism wasn’t a natural choice. After a mental back-and-forth battle between going to art school and getting an English degree, I made a peace treaty on the terms of happiness and reporting with a dash of art to bind them together.
I am a daughter, sister and aunt hailing from a small town in Downriver, a community of nearly 20 cities and townships south of Detroit, and I have traveled all over the United States and still love my hometown.
There are three things I am a die-hard nerd about: Shakespeare, music and art. I love writing about music, life and dogs and I love taking photos of anything my eyes land on.
In the words of photographer Bruno Barbey, “Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment